Western (Region), Arkansas
FPC of Riverwood
Director of Warehouse/Operations Job Description
The Warehouse/Ops Director will ensure a warehouse culture focused on people, safety, service, and cost through meaningful engagements with warehouse leaders and associates, best in-class service to customers, and safe and profitable operations. They will use their expertise in leading warehouse operations to inform the strategic direction of the warehouse. They will ensure the safe, accurate and timely selection and loading of all outbound products and ensure security of the entire facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Achieve all safety, service, and cost targets in department, and oversee all warehouse operations. Plan and oversee execution of short/mid-term department objectives. Participate in strategic planning by identifying mid and long-term strategies for the department. Direct management to bring about action towards desired objectives.
• Lead with a safety mindset that ensures that every CLIENT COMPANY associate remains injury free, always. Champion safety procedures, processes and training to create and maintain a safety-first culture in the warehouse.
• Develop Warehouse Managers through one-on-one coaching, training on policy & procedures, assisting in problem resolution when required, and leading by example.
• Oversee and develop all on-floor warehouse associates by discussing performance with Warehouse Managers and creating plans to address gaps. Drive associate engagement and retention and create a culture that embodies CLIENT COMPANY values.
• Attract talent and build high-performing teams. Plan headcount needed to maintain service levels, and monitor hiring and interviewing.
• Plan and implement technology affecting functional area to improve execution, productivity, and quality while ensuring compliance with company, state, and federal regulations.
• Direct development of production flow processes and identify process improvement and cost reduction strategies in conjunction with Warehouse Managers. Establish and maintain operational procedures for activities such as verifying warehouse inventory accuracy and selecting and loading shipments.
• Monitor operational data, including inventory losses, production goals and safety reports. Identify problems, determine causes and recommend changes to the VP of Operations to achieve zero-error benchmark on accuracy and customer satisfaction.
• Monitor integrity of our products and ensure that food safety standards are met. Establish Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and ensure MSS and FSQA requirements are followed.
• Oversee the maintenance of the physical condition of the warehouse and its equipment in compliance with OSHA requirements.
• Assist the VP Operations in interpreting the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement, administering appropriate discipline, settling routine grievances and participating in arbitrations as required.
• Other duties assigned by manager.
• Direct: Warehouse Managers, union and/or non-union warehouse clerical staff (Operations Clerks, Warehouse Clerks, Will Call Clerks, Slotting Clerks, Truck Builders, etc.)
• Indirect: Union and/or non-union warehouse on-floor associates (Loaders, Selectors, Receivers, Forklift drivers, etc.)
• Internal: Warehouse leaders and coworkers; VP Operations; Transportation leaders; Internal customers across departments (e.g., Sales)
• External: Vendors, customers
• The work takes place in normal warehouse environments as well as in cooler and freezer areas where temperatures may be as low as -5 degrees.
• Minimum of seven years of experience in warehouse management required.
• Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.
• Strong leadership, communication and people development skills.
• Ability to openly and effectively communicate with all associates/departments within the company.
• Familiarity with inventory control, OSHA, HACCP and other regulatory requirements.
• Ability to interpret financial and operational data.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
• Experience with warehouse management systems (WMS) and inventory control systems a plus.
• HACCP certification a plus.
• Lean Six Sigma/ Lean methodology