VP of Global Operations
VP of Global Operations
FPC of Raleigh
Vice President of Global Operations
Industry: Engineered Metal products and International Supply Chain
Our client is a well-established and Privately held Global Manufacturing Company that provides B2B Services in a tier 1 and tier 2 capacity to industry leading organizations in the construction, heavy duty truck, trailer, agriculture markets, and related markets. The organization manufactures precision, safety critical products and the scope of production includes foundries, forge, heat treat, machining, welding, assemblies, and painting... Our client has a reputation of being an established top-rated supplier when it comes to quality, value and on-time availability of their product and service offerings.
Location of this role: Raleigh, North Carolina
Reporting Relationship: Reports to President
We have been retained to identify an operation’s professional to be a key leader and an integral part of the Senior Management Team. The position involves working closely with the President and Vice President in support of the company’s growth and to enable a well-established team of professionals as direct reports. The VP of Global Operations will have two primary responsibilities. First, leveraging prior experience, execute the successful planning and implementation of international operations in Mexico and India. Second, oversee the day-to-day execution of global operations of the business together with department leaders for Manufacturing, Customer Service, Inventory Management, Logistics, and Supply Chain.
The VP of Global Operations must engage the business, understand the organization’s priorities and constraints, and work through the team to create results. A high degree of business acumen and an ability to work in a dynamic, non-routine environment are essential.
Direct Reports: Domestic Operations, Customer Service, Supply Chain and Logistics as well as International Manufacturing in China (7 factories) as well as establishing greenfield operations in Mexico and India.
· Establish and lead start up activities for 2 new sites (located in Mexico and India)
· Lead the execution of the organization’s operational priorities daily.
· Anticipate opportunities and challenges and work proactively across the organization to best
drive successful outcomes for our customers.
· Support direct reports to ensure functions are achieving goals and collaborating effectively.
· Ensure all current quality service practices and policies are developed, maintained, and
communicated across the entire organization
· Engage in daily problem solving across all operations
· Identify potential risks and opportunities without being directed to so
· Ensure the operation adheres to applicable laws, audits, and regulations (including FCSA)
· 10+ years of experience in a Senior Leadership role gained from working in a demanding
global production/manufacturing environment.
· Previous leadership of an International Supply Chain / Logistics and Customer Service Team
· Demonstrated leadership of and/or hands-on participation in the establishment and
development of international operations through sustained activities.
· Independent thinker and hands-on leader who thrives in fast-paced environment
· Quantifiable experience setting priorities, developing people, and building a systematic
· Strong global business and commercial acumen with a bottom-line focus
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence and
deliver results by motivating and leading cross-functional teams
· Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills in pressure situations
· Proven ability to lead in a collaborative, international, multi-cultural environment; (specific
manufacturing experience in China, Mexico and India)
· Ability to professionally and energetically represent the company and its products
· Willingness to travel globally as business deems necessary
The ideal candidate will be a driven / entrepreneurial leader with a high degree of business acumen and commercial management experience. They would have a manufacturing / production background in machining, fabrication and ideally in the casting and forgings industry. Production experience should include knowledge of best practices in manufacturing, operations management, demand planning, distribution, customer service and operations, or supply chain leadership. International shipping and logistics exposure important.
Experience working in China, Mexico and India is a must.
BS Degree from a Campus-Based University; Ideally in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain, MBA a plus