Process Control Engineer
Process Control Engineer
FPC of Houston
The Sr. Process/Process Control Engineer reports to the Operations Manager and works alongside of the Area Supervisor to achieve the area goals. This role will have heavy responsibility managing a Honeywell Experion PKS control system, Rockwell PlantPAX control system, and other systems as needed. The work includes translation of processes from the R&D Group to production equipment, optimizing existing processes, tracking inventories and yields, process control optimization, troubleshooting, minor project installation, training, and process documentation
· Demonstrated understanding and willingness to model the Company core values.
· Apply engineering expertise, analyze data for trends, and identify process & operational improvements.
· Drive improvements, process optimizations, and improved process control to enhance product quality, yields, energy and other cost improvements.
· Serve as the manufacturing lead for the introduction and/or relocation of new manufacturing processes
· Responsible for upkeep, revision, and future upgrades of all control systems.
· Provide chemical technicians with understanding of the process and safety related procedures, including conducting classroom training.
· Establish systems to gather data and monitor results to develop root causes of problems or to ensure a process modification will yield the desired results.
· Apply sound root cause analysis techniques and creative alternatives to technical related problems.
· Be knowledgeable of and comply with all safety and environmental regulations associated with the related processes and any required modifications.
· Maintain effective communications and working relationships with operators,
Maintenance, project engineering, contractors, administrative support, and R&D personnel.
· Provide technical support for process start-ups and optimizations as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
· BS in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required.
· 5-7 yrs. minimum of process control engineering in a chemical manufacturing plant
· Ability to learn and implement the skills required for all plant control systems programming and maintenance
· TUV Certification
· Exposure to Quality Systems (ISO), cGMP, API, etc. is a plus.
· Experience and capability to manage minor DCS (Delta V and APACS) programming and/or CHEMCAD or similar process modeling would be desirable attributes.
· Process Control understanding, and ability to identify improvements.
· Skill in writing documentation including operating procedures, investigations, and process reports.