South Bend, IN
FPC of Greensboro
Industry leading industrial manufacturer has an immediate need for a high caliber, energetic, hands-on Packaging Engineer to join their team and support business growth and success. The Packaging Engineer develops, sets, and maintains packaging standards for all components, kits, and products in alignment with Company safety, quality, and cost savings goals. This individual will use their skills and experience to design and implement new packaging ideas for new as well as existing products.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of continuous improvement techniques;
- Participates in risk assessments and cost improvement initiatives;
- Provide key technical support in capital projects and new product and packaging material testing/start-ups;
- Minimize packaging material scrap, product scrap and product giveaway;
- Works in compliance with GMP work practices, ISO13485, and ISTA Standards;
- Responsible for packaging on New Product Development projects and Packaging Development projects;
- Troubleshoot packaging issues, maintain packaging quality, and optimize packing line efficiencies.
- BA/BS Degree in Industrial, Materials or Packaging Engineering
- Manufacturing industry experience relating to packaging/manufacturing engineering of industrial products and their components strongly preferred
- Demonstrates strong abilities in Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Proficient with CAD Pro-E Software preferred