FPC of Decatur
PLANT SUPERINTENDENT sought by major manufacturer of Building Products for its manufacturing plant located in Texas. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the PLANT SUPERINTENDENT position will be responsible for coaching, educating and motivating production supervisors and coordinating manufacturing activities in order to achieve operational goals in the areas of safety, environmental, quality, cost and productivity. This is not an office position; presence on the manufacturing floor is a must! Yearly bonus and sign-on bonus available. Other functions and responsibilities include:
· Coach supervisors and employees to meet EHS, quality, cost, and customer objectives.
· Partner with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure equipment reliability.
· Partner with Quality Control Coordinator to ensure finished product meets all customer requirements.
· Recommend and implement process improvements aimed at maximizing capacity utilization and reducing cost of production through process optimization.
· Work with Shipping & Receiving Supervisor to assure optimization of manufacturing schedule.
· Foster employee engagement and development, driving process consistency and standardization across all shifts.
· Manage continuous improvement projects in reference to cost reductions, enhanced productivity, and quality.
· Research and recommendation of new capital equipment purchases.
· Mentor immediate direct reports; provides leadership to drive Continuous Improvement through Lean Manufacturing techniques (Kaizen events).
· Maintain 5S program to assure plant housekeeping meets company standards.
· Manage multiple projects at the same time.
· BS Engineering Degree (ME preferred).
· 5+ years’ Supervisory experience in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment.
· Lean/Six Sigma application experience. Green or Black Belt certification a plus.
· Proven Team Leader, Interpersonal, and Communications skills; both oral and written.
· Must be self-starter, hands-on and results oriented. Not an office position; presence on the manufacturing floor is a MUST!
· Continuous Improvement initiatives including Lean.
· Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Salary Range: $110k - $150k