FPC of Decatur
Position: Project Manager
Direct Reports: Branch Manager
Salary Range: $130k to $160k
Job Summary: The Project Manager must complete assigned projects at or better than Company profitability guidelines and according to contract guidelines. Responsible for the planning, organization, direction and controls the Fire Protection/Detection System aspects of contracts. Responsible for the performance of all Fire Protection/Detection Systems personnel and sub-contractors plus the material control and accountability.
· Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate multiple projects.
· Reviews and approves plans for the control of planned outputs, operational budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, customer service.
· Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
· Coordinates and collaborates with other departments of the corporation in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
· Ability to work with sub-contractors and their agents to resolve issues and disputes.
· Ability to use the Company’s Project Management tool (E1) estimating tool (Dove Projects) and scheduling software. Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
· Must possess good organizational and negotiating skills.
· Reviews and approves the setting of budgets.
· Must possess good knowledge of the construction processes to ensure that the project remains on schedule.
· Attend mandatory company meetings both virtual & in person.
· Creates proposals based on RFQs or change orders.
· Creates MTLs to request POs.
· Orders equipment & materials based on design BOMs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Licensure & Certifications:
· Required: Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field preferred or High School Diploma or GED plus experience in lieu of education
· Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
· Preferred: NICET or any Manufacturer training
· Required: Valid State issued Driver’s License
· Required: Minimum of five or more years as a Project Manager with industry specific capability.
· Preferred: Ten or more years similar experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Capabilities:
· Knowledge of current codes & standards (i.e., NFPA, IFC, etc.)
· Excellent knowledge of the Company’s industry and trends impacting its business.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, and related project information.
· Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing
· Must be effective at negotiating terms with suppliers, clients and other stakeholders
· The ability to effectively delegate responsibilities, handle conflicts, evaluate performances and coach team members to help them improve their skills.
· Have the experience and ability to pinpoint what could go wrong and implement a risk mitigation strategy.
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Budget Management
· Must be able to adapt to upcoming product trends, new technology, user demographics and more.
· Policy Knowledge
· Conflict Management
· Reporting Skills Proven ability to solve problems creatively
· Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
· Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
· Excellent analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
· Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline