FPC of Decatur
Position: EHS Manager
Direct Reports: Safety Coordinator
Reports To: Plant Manager
Salary Range: $100k to $115k
Bonus: 10% annual bonus
Job Responsibilities: The Environmental Health & Safety Manager will provide critical support and leadership to the plant and plant leadership team. Ensures the compliance with safety and environmental program requirements and creates an EHS culture that leads to zero harm to our employees and the environment. This position is the EHS leader for the plant and will work with and through the plant management team to implement environmental, health, and safety requirements and that they are met through ownership and accountability by all employees.
- Help drive world-class processes in the areas of EH&S, partnering with plant leadership to develop a solid safety culture within the organization to achieve an accident-free work environment.
- Provides expert technical support in identifying and resolving critical safety regulatory issues.
- Makes recommendations for changes to protect and educate employees regarding prevention of health problems using training programs.
- Leads thorough and objective accident investigations for all accidents and near miss occurrences, analyze injury trends, and coordinate corrective actions. Document investigations and corrective actions through completion.
- Ensure a consistent safety message is delivered to the plant to fully engage employees, contractor, and vendors to provide a sound environmental management process, expectations, and requirements.
- Actively participates in the company efforts to engage the entire workforce to build a strong EHS culture.
- Oversee safety policies, systems, and processes to ensure provincial, federal and company compliance.
- Develop/ manage all training documents and promote safety education for all employees.
- Coordinate EHS information between all locations and departments.
- Coordinate all EHS activities including facility inspections and distribution of safety materials.
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs and associated reporting to governmental agencies.
- Maintain all safety, training, and accident records.
- Conduct audits to ensure that all required signage is posted and maintained in clear and legible condition.
- Confirm the plant is compliant with all federal, state, and local regulations via inspections and audits.
- Manages the participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections.
- Provides regular reports to management regarding areas of EHS.
- Ensure applicable corporate and site-specific EHS programs are effectively implemented in a timely manner.
- Coordinate all safety audits, job hazard analyses, and EHS assessments.
- Responsible for participating in the creation of materials used to train new employees or employees moving into a new classification.
- Coordinate applicable environmental activities.
- Support and coordinate Corporate EHS programs and initiatives.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Assists in new hire orientation and safety training creation and modification to ensure that new employees have all the knowledge necessary to perform the job safely.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Engineering, Engineering, or closely related degree required.
- 5+ years’ experience in EHS in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental and safety laws and requirements.
- Relevant EHS certifications/training.
- Strong understanding and experience with OSHA regulations, EPA knowledge and experience preferred.