Thermal Systems Engineer
Thermal Systems Engineer
FPC of Decatur
Leading producer of Thermal and Specialty Solutions in search of THERMAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER with specific focus on refrigerant development and system integration and evaluation for the automotive industry. Reporting to the Technical Manager, the THERMAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER will support Research and Development projects within the company for the automotive industry.
Other functions and key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide market driven innovations in the areas of refrigerants, propellants, fire protection, and foam blowing agents.
· Specific focus on refrigerant development and system integration and evaluation for the automotive industry.
· Must be familiar with automotive HVAC system architecture and technology.
· Support projects related to automotive thermal management to meet strategic growth objectives while working closely and maintaining good relationships with partners (labs, start-ups, universities, Tier 1 suppliers, and manufacturers).
· Design and lead execution of experiments in lab environment.
· Analyze data independently, draw statistically based conclusions and determine next steps.
· Engage key external customers to develop and understand tradeoffs on equipment design when adopting new solutions.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization, customers, and partners.
· Knowledge or desire to learn fluorochemical science and related application technologies.
· Travel approximately 10%-25% of time to customers and supply partners.
· BS Degree in Engineering required. Mechanical (or Chemical) Engineering preferred.
· 3-5 years’ relevant experience working on refrigeration or air conditioning equipment at component (compressors, heat exchangers, heat pumps, etc.) or system level (commercial, residential, automotive systems).
· Plan, prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
· Team environment with high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
· Presentation skills.
· Travel required ~ 10%-25%.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, management, and vendors.
· Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
§ Competitive Compensation
§ Comprehensive Benefits Package
§ 401(k) Match
§ Employee Stock Purchase Program
§ Tuition Reimbursement
§ Commuter Benefits
§ Learning and Development Opportunities
§ Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
§ Company-paid Day of Service
Salary Range: $120k - $140k