Senior Staff Engineer
Senior Staff Engineer
FPC of Decatur
Leading producer of Thermal and Specialty Solutions in search of SENIOR STAFF ENGINEER with specific focus on refrigerant development and system integration and evaluation for the automotive industry. Reporting to the Global Technical Services Manager, the SENIOR STAFF ENGINEER will work directly with top automotive manufacturers to develop the next generation of efficient and sustainable air conditioning and heating technology, across both fuel and electric vehicles.
Other functions and key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide direct customer technical service and product support for AC segment. Direct OEM support to several Global 500 accounts.
· Technical support role for current equipment and products sold.
· Specific focus on refrigerant development and system integration and evaluation for the automotive industry.
· Must be familiar with automotive HVAC system architecture and technology.
· Develop, validate, and transfer robust process methods for implementation and testing at manufacture and/or customer sites.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, design, and prepare laboratory setups in order to develop capabilities within a research environment to resolve ongoing process or customer issues.
· Analyze data independently, draw statistically based conclusions and determine next steps.
· Engage key external customers to develop and understand tradeoffs on equipment design when adopting new solutions.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization, customers, and partners.
· Knowledge or desire to learn fluorochemical science and related application technologies.
· Travel approximately 30% of time to customers and supply partners.
· Role based in North America and will primarily serve this region as well as support duties for Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
· Position may be remote for a high-grade candidate or relocate near facility in Newark, DE.
· BS Degree in Engineering or Science required. Mechanical (or Chemical) Engineering preferred.
· 5+ years’ relevant experience in Technical Service and/or Automotive Supply Chain.
· Strong understanding or experience in refrigeration requirements, design, or chemistry.
· Manage product quality or quality related systems.
· Experience with SAE/ASHRAE/ISO standards and committees.
· Previous experience working with Automotive Manufacturing of HVAC Systems a definite plus.
· Plan, prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
· Team environment with high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
· Presentation skills.
· Travel required ~ 30%. Position may be remote for the right candidate.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, management, and vendors.
· Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
§ Competitive Compensation
§ Comprehensive Benefits Package
§ 401(k) Match
§ Employee Stock Purchase Program
§ Tuition Reimbursement
§ Commuter Benefits
§ Learning and Development Opportunities
§ Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
§ Company-paid Day of Service
Salary Range: $120k - $160k