FPC of Decatur
FPC of Decatur
Position Summary: Leading manufacturer of Building Materials seeking a PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR for their high speed, continuous manufacturing process. Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR will coordinate and oversee all aspects of quality, safety, production, and personnel, ensuring production targets and deadlines are met safely, and key performance indicators are met while maintaining compliance at all levels. Job Responsibilities:
- Manage on-going development, performance and supervision of shift personnel in order to maintain quality standards and increased production levels.
- Lead a positive change effort to improve performance through employee motivation and recognition for effective and efficient activities.
- Provide Manufacturing Leadership, including discipline and performance management of employees.
- Evaluate team members’ performance and progress.
- Root Cause Analysis / Corrective Action.
- Improve existing processes using Lean tools and techniques.
- Work closely with other production supervisors and groups.
- Identify training and development needs and personal growth opportunities for employees; train, coach and motivate to achieve results.
- Conduct training, cross training and rotation of employees for development.
- Ensure adherence to Company and OSHA safety regulations. Conduct safety work inspections.
- Ensure employees are trained on safety, production and quality procedures.
- Conduct daily/weekly crew meetings to communicate safety, quality and production goals.
- Operate within Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Quality Procedures.
- Identify and resolve production issues. Assist in resolution of quality production issues.
- Investigate and prepare reports on safety near-misses, accidents and hazard identifications.
- Ensure proper documentation and complete reports (compliance, checklists, production reports, spreadsheets, metrics, incident investigations, etc.).
- Ensure clean and safe working environments.
- Post-secondary degree required, preferably in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Management.
- 3-5 years’ hands-on Manufacturing and Supervisory experience in a high-speed, continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in Continuous Improvement techniques including Total Quality Management (TQM), Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Possess strong Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong employee engagement; demonstrated team building talent.
- Knowledge of KRONOS time and attendance system a plus.
- Flexible to work varying shift and days.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.