Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
FPC of Decatur
Leading manufacturer in the Building Wire and Cable Industry in search of SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER in support of their new facility startup, new equipment installation, and commissioning. The role will also support Continuous Improvement initiatives as well as operator training and creation of Standard Operating Procedures.
Other functions and key responsibilities for the SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER include, but are not limited to the following:
· Support new facility startup, new equipment installation, and commissioning.
· General focus on Process Improvements and Cost Savings opportunities.
· Support Continuous Improvement initiatives as well as operator training.
· Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for manufacturing teams.
· Complete product Quality Verification Checks.
· Problem solving related to product / process systems.
· Troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems and machine centers.
· Develop and update process parameters for manufacturing processes.
· Maintain tooling inventory.
· Interface with wire and cable industry vendors.
· Assist in development and implementation of new products, processes, and systems.
· Participate in GEMBA walks and Kaizen meetings.
· Company is interested in attracting top talent and rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive success.
· BS Degree in Engineering required. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· Minimum of 4-8 years’ experience in al Manufacturing/Processing environment required.
· Previous experience with wire extrusion and/or copper drawing processes a major plus.
· Troubleshooting skills.
· Root cause failure analysis and corrective action completion.
· AutoCAD (with Inventory Professional) experience preferred.
· Team First attitude with ability to work and produce positive results independently.
· Open to working early mornings or evening hours to support operations as needed.
· Some travel required ~ 5-10%.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, management, and vendors.
· Candidate must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Salary Range: $110k - $120k