Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
FPC of Decatur
Position: EHS Manager
Direct Reports: Individual Contributor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Salary Range: $95k to $120k
Bonus: 15% annual bonus
Job Responsibilities: The EHS Manager will be responsible for management of site health, safety and environmental systems focusing on employee H&S and site environmental performance and improvement. As a member of the Site Leadership Team, will provide support and leadership to the site through implementation of EHS programs, procedures, and education initiatives focused on compliance assurance, incident reduction, and risk mitigation.
- Support business strategy to ensure all EHS directives, policies, and initiatives are effectively incorporated at site level.
- Develop, implement, and execute EHS annual objectives & improvement plans in conjunction with site operations management and Regional EHS Manager.
- Develop appropriate strategies for implementation of new or revised policies and regulations in conjunction with site operations management and Regional EHS Manager.
- Lead implementation and management of site ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Identify site EHS training needs, develop appropriate resources, and execute training sessions for employees and management staff as required.
- Support site supervisors with the investigation of EHS incidents at the site. Where necessary, lead investigation process and/or collaborate with appropriate corporate staff on serious incidents.
- Partner with Human Resources to monitor the status of all open Workers Compensation claims and coordinate activities to minimize lost and/or restricted workdays.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering or other closely related degree required.
- In depth knowledge of EHS regulations including OSHA, EPA, and local requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant consensus standards such as NFPA and ANSI, and systems such as ISO 14001.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).