Easton, PA 18042
FPC of Decatur
Position: EHSS&S Manager
Direct Reports: Safety Specialist and Environmental Manager
Reports To: Senior Regional EHSS&S Manager
Salary Range: $115k to $140k
Bonus: 10% annual bonus
Job Responsibilities: The Environment, Health, Safety, Security & Sustainability Manager is accountable for all elements of the environmental, health, safety, security and sustainability performance and continuous improvement within the facility. Will provide leadership, professional knowledge and technical expertise in the administration and support around regulatory compliance, permitting, policy and program development and training. Specific emphasis will be placed on developing and driving programs that continuously improve employee safety in the facility to world class standards, guiding and aligning with corporate EHS-related objectives and supporting execution of EHS-related initiatives.
- Acts as plant’s advocate for continuous improvement of EHS performance across all operations in concert with regional leaders and employees to promote a safe, secure, productive, sustainable, and environmentally sound work culture.
- Develops and implements a shared vision and strategy within the plant for EHS excellence that meets business and sustainability goals and objectives.
- Develops a clear three to five years EHS plan and aligns annual and short-term action plans.
- Responsible for overseeing the site environmental performance and for developing, implementing, and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainability in accordance with corporate environmental policies and government rules and regulations (air, water, land systems, etc.).
- Responsible for all site Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Sustainability assessment operations including reports, evaluations, inspection scheduling and auditing.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, establishes a world-class plant wide employee safety culture by developing and implementing safety systems, policies and procedures, safety campaigns and training programs that increase safe behaviors and eliminate, prevent or control hazards/unsafe conditions.
- Maintains knowledge of and analyzes impacts of EHS laws/standards/regulatory initiatives as they are introduced and takes appropriate actions.
- Implement and/or maintain EHS software systems necessary to support compliance activities and the tracking/reporting of EHS performance metrics and trends within the plant.
- Develops medical and industrial hygiene related policies and programs to support accident and incident management.
- Serve as a resource for EHS training requirements. Responsible for working with appropriate staff to ensure training information is kept up-to-date and meets regulatory requirements. Provide oversight and guide teams in the performance of safety assessments (i.e., job safety analysis, PSMP reviews, PPE assessments, HAZ-Ops, compliance assessments, etc.) Monitor resolution of findings as appropriate.
- Work closely with plant engineering, operations, and external resources to effectively identify and manage loss prevention issues.
- Work closely with plant Engineering and operations to ensure EHS is appropriately taken into consideration in the design and execution of capital projects and that appropriate contractor management programs are in place effectively minimize and manage hazards.
- Supervise EHS consultants and contractors hired to perform EHS services such as industrial hygiene testing, fit testing, ventilation systems testing, sample collection, etc. ensuring compliance with regulatory and company requirements. Analyzes and interprets data and reports and makes recommendations.
- Lead plant safety team in meetings, audit programs and remediation of identified issues.
- Responsible for all OSHA programs, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Arrange and accountable for Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste management programs.
- Drive PSM program and compliance.
- Manage direct reports and EHS consultants, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering, or other closely related degree required.
- In depth knowledge of HSE regulations including OSHA, EPA, and local requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading EHS within manufacturing with 3 of those years within a chemical production environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Must have a strong working knowledge of operational and technical issues and concepts, and an understanding of the associate EHS requirements.
- Working knowledge of industrial hygiene analysis and best practices as well as medical monitoring programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, decision-making and analytical skills. Organizational skills required to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer application skills and proficiency (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent interpersonal skill, including strong oral and written communication skills.