FPC of Decatur
Chemical manufacturing company in search of MANUFACTURING ENGINEER with primary responsibility for the daily operations of the manufacturing unit, providing detailed process and technical guidance for the Operations Team and identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements. Specific responsibilities include: providing detailed process guidance for the Operations Team in the execution of the production schedule; oversight of operations to identify opportunities for improvement; investigation and resolution of process and product deviations; development of process changes to accommodate new products; and providing support of and participating in project teams for facilities improvements. Other functions and key responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Functional area expert in assigned unit.
- Maintain consistent product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Reliable production volume and execution of the production plan.
- Manufacturing cost control and improvement.
- Support outstanding safety performance and consistent environmental compliance. Demonstrate leadership in driving zero-incident safety culture through safe work practices and operator engagement.
- Build strong relationships with Manufacturing operators and supervision, Maintenance mechanics and supervision, Laboratory personnel, Project Engineering and Process Technology.
- Lead MOC’s and RCA’s as needed to drive safety and unit performance.
- Drive Continuous Improvement culture through cross-functional teams.
- Strive to meet KPI’s as well as budgeted and forecasted commitments.
- Function as technical resource for the area in key processes including Process Hazard Analysis (PHA’s), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA’s), and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA’s).
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of Six Sigma Projects.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum 3-8 years’ experience in Chemical Manufacturing/Processing environment required.
- Fibers/Polymer manufacturing experience desired.
- Process troubleshooting; Problem solving; Excellent oral and written communications; Time Management/Organization skills; Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a self-directed team; Commitment to plant safety, environmental and industrial hygiene practices.
- Knowledge and experience with the following are also desired: SPC, DCS systems; PLC functionality.
- Safety and environmental policies; operator training.
- Basic understanding of PSM, SPC and ISO 9001 is also preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt desired.
- Ability to coach and mentor other manufacturing engineers.
- Familiarity with Process Flow Diagrams and P&ID’s.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, management, and vendors.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets. Microsoft Office, SAP, Minitab.
Salary Range: $100k - $140k