Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
FPC of Decatur
Major building materials manufacturer seeking SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER in support of major greenfield project. The role could then move into a key leadership position at the plant, other corporate engineering positions, or next greenfield project. The SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER will provide engineering leadership and oversee project management from an electrical engineering standpoint. Other functions and key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Support major greenfield project from an Electrical Engineering standpoint.
· Review equipment and site designs to ensure the functionality of the equipment to meet requirements and exceed standards.
· Develop training and preventative maintenance activities to ensure electrical equipment reliability and serviceability.
· Contribute to the manufacturing process for new electrical equipment, using design software to produce schematics and overseeing the installation process of the designs.
· Provide engineering support and project management for capital projects and major repair projects.
· Create, maintain, and keep current documentation and electronic versions of all electrical and schematics including panel layouts and PLC programs.
· Provide expertise in PLC Control Systems and Programming in the development and troubleshooting of Electrical and Automation Control Systems.
· Design circuit layout drawings of control and power panels.
· Coordinate with engineering and shop personnel on existing machine control modifications to robotic and electrical systems.
· Implement Lean Manufacturing and scientific analysis principles.
· Assist in the training of shop personnel and help in troubleshooting equipment as required
· Coordinate project installations with Maintenance and contractors.
· Identify and implement Continuous Improvement initiatives.
· Work with corporate engineering to leverage company-wide best practices.
· Act as main technical interface for customer and coordinate with Project Team and engineering partners.
· Strong troubleshooting abilities / process improvements.
· Inspect electrical components during and after the product installation.
· Some travel may be required ~ 10% - 15%.
· BS Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
· 8-10 years’ experience within Electrical Engineering field in a Manufacturing/Processing environment required.
· Knowledge and experience in the design and operation of high-speed manufacturing and converting equipment.
· Practical support of process, product, and capacity improvements.
· Knowledge/experience with equipment used in production of fiberglass-based materials or paper industry a plus.
· Experience with Voith equipment a plus.
· Knowledge of Siemens controls required.
· Proficient in CAD and other drafting software packages
· Perform in multi-functional teams.
· Troubleshooting/Problem-solving skills.
· Develop project specifications and scope.
· Greenfield site / machine start-up experiences a definite plus.
· Interpret and implement specifications.
· Travel required ~ 10% - 15%.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, management, and vendors.
· Must be U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Salary Range: $135k - $145k