FPC of Decatur
Position: Purchasing Coordinator
Direct Reports: Individual contributor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Salary Range: $70k to $80k DOE
Job Responsibilities: The Purchasing Manager role is responsible for procuring all supplies and materials needed by the facility at competitive prices and terms, maintaining appropriate inventory levels to meet production and business needs. Develop market analysis of the raw materials required by the plant and provide the management with information to assist in operational decision-making. This individual will work closely with vendors, business personnel and accounts payable to ensure that an efficient and effective procurement to payment process is in place.
This position has one direct report (Manufacturing Clerk) and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Analyze market to assess present and future material availability and determine cost effective procurement strategies for the company.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sale.
- Implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Represent company in negotiating and communicating with suppliers.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, raw materials, services and equipment.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
Ensure purchased items are delivered timely and as specified on the purchase order.
- Work directly with Maintenance Coordinator to support maintenance activities and spare parts procurement.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing requisitions.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Provide leadership for the manufacturing clerk ensuring all manufacturing, inventory control, and shipping data is accurate and properly accounted for in the plant’s operating systems.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in purchasing, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Business Administration/Accounting degree preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, JD Edwards preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and work effectively in a team environment.
- Independent professional requiring minimal day-to-day direction or oversight.
- Good analytical skills including assimilating, consolidating, and reporting.
- Excellent data entry skills – attention to detail required.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills (MS Office, SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Proven time management skills.
- Knowledge of production methods and coordination of resources.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.