Chester, PA 19013
FPC of Decatur
Position: Plant Manager
Direct Reports: Production, Quality, EHS, Engineering, Maintenance, Materials, Procurement, & HR
Reports To: Director of Operations
Salary Range: $155k to $175k
Bonus: 15% annual bonus
Job Responsibilities: The Plant Manager will be responsible for leading direct reports and oversight within Production, Quality, Facilities & Maintenance, Engineering, Safety, Materials, Procurement, Finance, and HR while partnering with internal & external partners to ensure execution and improvement across all key performance metrics including cost, quality, safety, new product launch and delivery.
- Provide leadership and setting strategy, KPIs, and deliverables for continuous improvement within the areas of safety, environmental, customer experience/quality, production, reliability, and profitability.
- Represent company to regulatory agencies and community, including OSHA, and the EPA. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring compliance of the site with all governmental and third-party organizations while being responsible for all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Accountable for the site’s quality management system and increasing customer value with a thorough understanding of customer needs.
- Champion and utilize best practices to drive the site’s Continuous Improvement program and projects.
- Personally lead, promote, and act as a role model of the safety culture in the plant to achieve our “No One Hurt” philosophy.
- Establish and maintain plant standards for performance including top KPI’s and the SQDIP metrics.
- Promote and ensure a work environment that builds positive employee relations.
Oversee talent management of staff at the plant and actively engage in talent development activities that encourage personal growth and enhanced performance.
- Responsible for financial performance of the plant to meet business requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, developing the annual operating plan/budgets and continuously reviewing the plan compliance with respect to production, yields, and fixed costs.
- Align across integrated supply chain functions and consistently ensure high quality products are manufactured to meet or exceed customer expectations on a timely basis.
- Implement processes and utilize systems to ensure plant availability and reliability.
- Actively lead regular preparations for site operating reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, or other closely related degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years of plant leadership experience required.
- Experience in multiple functional leadership roles in a chemical manufacturing environment driving key metrics and culture a must.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience a must.
- Strategic thinker with ability to be hands-on in the operation.
- Seeking a knowledgeable manufacturing executive who has led large-scale manufacturing plants through all phases of development, including start-up, growth, and mature organizations.
- Experience managing complex operations with a wide geographic scope and network.
Proven ability to assess and improve an operation and knowledge of the latest technology trends.
- Exceptional leadership, team, and people skills. An individual who can set the vision and strategy aligned with the overall business. In addition, he or she must be able to set the metrics and hold people accountable to achieving the desired results. Must be a change agent who can develop and motivate his team to higher levels of accomplishment.
- High Potential and Promotable: An individual that has a proven track record of advancement and is highly promotable.