HR (TMX) Manager (building material)
HR (TMX) Manager (building material)
FPC of Troy
Our highly respected client a global provider of building products and manufactured homes desires an experienced TMX Manager (HR) for their home building division in Morristown, Indiana, 25 miles SE from the center of Indy.
Seeking a leader that understands how to engage with each and every person regardless of title or function. A champion in the art of employee engagement and guidance. Someone excited to be one of the founding staff.
- construction - homes - assembly
- Benefits in top 3rd of country
- non union
- Need personality - training - approachable - creative
Position Specification TMX Manager - Indiana
Founded in 1956, a diverse builder committed to quality and durability offering traditional site-built homes and off-site built housing – including modular homes, manufactured homes, tiny homes, college dormitories, military barracks, and apartments. All homes are proudly designed, engineered, and assembled in America.
The Home Building Group is comprised of 3 divisions: Supply Group (vertically integrated supply chain operations consisting of building material component manufacturing, distribution, commodities buying and trading, transportation services and site-built support), Manufacturing (off-site manufactured and modular homes), and Properties Group site-built operations.
TMX (Total EMployee EXperience) Manager = (HR Manager)
New facility in Morristown, Indiana, just southeast of Indianapolis
The TMX Manager Oversees all HR and Team Member Experience programs and processes in order to help the organization achieve its goals of maximizing team member engagement and lowering team member turnover. Programs include Recruiting & Hiring, On-Boarding & Orientation, Job Skills Training, Engagement & Retention, Performance Management, Employment Practices, Benefits / Salary Administration, and Payroll/Attendance. Also helps plan and facilitate leadership training for managers, supervisors, and team leaders. The TMX Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will work closely with the Operations Team.
The Indiana TMX Manager will help with the start-up of a new location and will play a critical role in hiring, establishing operating procedures, ensuring training occurs for a new team, and for helping to coordinate the project on the ground. The team manufactures site-built construction components like roof and floor trusses, and wall panels. This position and location will provide support to our site-built partner. As the site starts up, the TMX Manager will help coordinate activities at the site, including work alongside department managers to ensure coordination in the effort to reach the organization’s goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning & Oversight
· Assesses effectiveness of HR practices and leads the development and implementation of improvements to move toward our vision of world class team member experience.
· Analyzes key performance indicators to look for trends and root causes of turnover; presents results and recommendations to GM and Operations Team.
· Helps leadership team develop its vision for World Class Team Member Experience; facilitates goal setting and action planning to prioritize and align HR programs with vision.
- Pay & Rewards
· Partners with Corporate Director of HR, GM & PM to assess effectiveness of pay & incentive programs and develop and implement new programs that drive retention & performance.
· Oversees Benefits/Salary administration and Payroll/Attendance.
- Recruiting & Hiring
- Job Skills Training
· Facilitates leadership development workshops for Team Leaders.
· Helps assess leadership performance and advise GM on development plans.
· Leads training on interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance evaluations, harassment, etc.
- Employment Practices
· Consults Corporate Human Resources to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
· Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Investigates and advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Performance Management
· Ensures there is a process in place to carry out performance evaluations according to program design.
· Provides assistance, training, & coaching to leaders on how to have two-way conversations, provide actionable feedback & build trust with team members.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
· Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as basic math skills
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and coaching skills
- Experience with HRIS and Payroll systems
· Capable of handling and maintaining highly confidential information
· 4-year degree in Human Resources, Business / Management, or Organizational Development
· Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership experience in HR or Training / OD positions
· Knowledge and experience in HR, Organizational Planning, Recruitment, Organizational Development, Employee Relations, Safety, Employee Engagement, and Employee Development
To learn more or to apply, please directly email Debbie Hunter (email@example.com) with your cover note and attach a resume in Microsoft Word or as a PDF.
FPC of Troy is a national leader in the placement of executives, managers, and professionals.
Confidentiality is always respected. Your resume will never be forwarded to anyone without your permission.
Please visit on the web at www.fpctroy.com for more opportunities!!!