Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
Manufacturing Test Development Engineer
FPC of Brighton
Get ready to dive into the thrilling world of the Manufacturing Test Development Engineer! In this high-octane role, you will be the driving force behind ensuring that our company's large-scale Energy Storage products exceed all expectations. Prepare to unleash your skills in test process development, program creation, and test equipment design to guarantee that our products meet the highest standards of quality and performance. From PCBAs to Final Systems Assembly, you will be at the forefront of testing excellence!
The Test Engineer will complete manufacturing test development activities for new product development projects and support released products manufactured at volume. This position works in a team environment in close collaboration with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality to establish reliable and effective processes and equipment for Manufacturing Test implementation.
- As part of the NPI team the Manufacturing Test Development Engineer will collaborate with internal System Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Program Management, and partner teams (Contract Manufacturers) to understand the product design and manufacturing goals as well as improve cost, test coverage and quality across test systems.
- Develop and modify test scripts based on test specifications, and design test equipment for production facilities with effectiveness (test coverage), reliability, and simplicity in mind.
- Document Test Plan to ensure accuracy of MES systems and Manufacturing test data output and collection.
- Perform component, sub assembly and system validation by simulating realistic and/or accelerated environmental conditions.
- Perform root cause analysis of system test failures and implement corrective or preventive actions.
- Work with global manufacturing partners facilities to create effective test methods, equipment, and documentation that support a successful new product release to meet program deadlines.
- Responsible for test related activities in support of continuous process improvement projects for steady-state mass production.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Test Engineering or related experience required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Test Engineering or related experience preferred.
- Experience with global contract manufacturing engagement for test processes and procedures.
- New product development process experience and engineering change control/management understanding and demonstrated use.
- Knowledge and experience using Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) / ERP systems for shop floor control, change control, and test data collection and reporting.
- Background in electrical equipment, energy storage, or power conversion equipment is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working safely with high voltage equipment, up to 2000V.
- Experience working with power generation and conversion systems (AC/DC)
- Experience in test equipment design and managing fabrication processes to support the test equipment creation.
- Strong test engineering experience in a related high-tech, dynamic growth industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams inside and outside the organization including Contract Manufacturers in other global regions.
- Experience with Lab View and diagram development tools (Visio).
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills for independently resolving production test process and equipment issues.
- Able to work under pressure and on fixed timescales.
- Experience developing test processes to manufacture large-scale, complex industrial equipment.
- Commitment to safety and continuous improvement using structured problem-solving tools and established industry practices.
- The ability to travel is approximately 25% domestically and internationally.