FPC of Troy
Our growing and respected client desires an experienced Tool/Mold Maker (injection molding experience) for their McHenry, IL area facility.
Due to an upcoming and retirement and customer requests for future product development, this company is embarking on a journey to expand and grow their footprint within plastic injection molding markets.
For the motivated person, this position is an excellent opportunity for career development and possible future advancement.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, and other generous benefits. Good family owned, financially sound company. Great area and great working environment as demonstrated by how long people choose to stay here!
Position Summary: Performs journeyman work in the shop and in the plant in preparation for production of new tooling as well as revision changes, repair and maintenance of current molds
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for troubleshooting of injection molds for repair work – including broken components, part flash, sticking parts, leaking water or some other improper function of the injection mold
- Ability to repair or make new replacement components such as ejector pins, core pins, cam pins, bolt thread repair, etc
- Dismantles or partially dismantles molds to locate cause of malfunction or cause of part defect
- Replaces or repairs damaged area and works with engineering and set up personnel to assure mold is operating correctly
- Perform preventative maintenance of injection moldings including cleaning, inspection and re-greasing
- Perform tooling conversions both in and out of the press
- Support Production , Tool Room, Metrology and Engineering through assigned projects
- Thorough understanding of injection mold tooling and the injection molding process
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to use manual mills, grinders, lathes, cut-off tools, drill press and band saw
- Capable of lifting up to 75# on a regular basis
- Must have experience working in an plastic injection molding tool room
- Mold Maker Journeyman, Certification in Mold Making or as a Machinist is strongly preferred
To learn more or to apply, please email Mike Dubeck directly with your cover note and attach a resume in Microsoft Word or as a PDF. Alternately, you may also paste a message / cover letter and resume in the prompts below.
FPC of Troy is a national leader in the placement of executives, managers, and professionals.
Confidentiality is always respected. Your resume will never be forwarded to anyone without your permission.
Please visit on the web at www.fpctroy.com for more opportunities!!!
Fortune Personnel Consultants (FPC) of Troy - It's all about the people!!!