Grand Rapids, MI
Business Development – Quoting & Estimating
Business Development – Quoting & Estimating
FPC of Brighton
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – QUOTING & ESTIMATING
Location: Grand Rapids, MI or New Baltimore, MI
Department: Business Development
The client is an Industry 4.0 leader committed to developing advanced manufacturing solutions that enhance the quality of life. Our autonomous guided vehicles and collaborative robotic error-proofing systems lead the market in reliability and dependability. Our suite of solutions includes AGVs, collaborative & traditional robotics, 3D printing, conveyance & automation, highly engineered weld fixtures, lift-assist & ergonomic tooling, and mechanical & electrical engineering services. Our solutions improve employee safety, product quality, and productivity at the largest companies in the world.
The company invests in people because we believe it is our people who differentiate our solutions and our company from our competitors. For over 40 years our company has committed dedicated creative minds to conceptualize and design custom manufacturing solutions for industry. Our customers span medical devices, food, consumer packaged goods, aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, commercial construction, household appliances, and farm machinery & heavy trucks. We thrive solving our customers’ most difficult problems and find satisfaction when customers receive safe and efficient turn-key solutions that enhance their quality of life.
The client is a premier market leading manufacturing solutions provider to Fortune 500 industrial manufacturers. We are seeking creative minds committed to innovative disruption like artificial intelligence, autonomous guided carts (AGVs), additive/3D printing, collaborative robotics, and microlocation spatial positioning. We believe companies that embrace Industry 4.0 will shape the future of how things are made.
From ergonomic lift-assist solutions, that help manufacturers transfer raw material and large components to points of assembly in factories, to turnkey fully integrated controls that empower manufacturing companies to identify parts, confirm work sequences, and monitor product quality, our team loves creativity and ingenuity. We work closely with our customers to ensure their design to installation experience is exceptional.
A Business Development Estimator is able to prepare cost estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements. This individual must be professional, proactive and positive when interacting with customers. Our goal is not to meet expectations. Our goal is to exceed expectations and ensure our customers receive an exceptional experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Quote execution
· Support monitoring quote estimates vs. actual
· Local customer visits
· New customer generation
· Standard Parts releases and inventory management
· Track sales vs. quotes for strategic partners/sales team
· Build only quote processing; consult with operations to obtain additional information
· Manage change orders and work with engineering department on large scale projects
· Job creation and follow up on purchase orders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive, and positive. Having a passion for exceptional customer service and support is a must. Being sensitive to the unpredictable demands and uncertainties associated with customer service is a requisite to delivering superior results and exceeding the expectations of very demanding customers.
Education and/or Experience:
Prefer an Associate’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or a related field, and at least three years of related experience.
Prefer 1-3 years of experience in estimating, engineering and/or manufacturing.
Other skills and abilities:
· Ability to analyze information
· Ability to work in 3D modeling software such as Solidworks of Creo
· Ability to provide plan and provide accurate estimates.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Working knowledge of personal computer, keyboard, and software programs.
· Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, including machining and fabrication
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Good verbal and written skills.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize and work with limited supervision.
· Good presentation skills.
· Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office