St Petersburg, FL
Director of Finance
Director of Finance
FPC of Huntsville
Job Title Director of Finance
Summary The Director of Finance will lead, plan, direct and control the finance and accounting functions to create a solid control environment. Responsible to meet the managerial accounting and reporting requirements of the business and to provide the corporate finance team with the financial reporting and disclosure information to comply with Securities and Exchange Commission requirements. Responsible for ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, governance guidelines, financial legal requirements, and U.S government contract accounting requirements. Communicate current and future business performance issues to senior leadership and functional team leaders.
Reports to Vice President and CFO –
Direct Reports Senior Accountant, Inventory Accountant, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll specialists
Education Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
· CPA, MBA or CMA or other applicable professional designation preferred.
· 8-10+ years of experience in a financial role, including management experience.
· Controllership experience in a manufacturing organization with responsibility for planning and analysis.
· Experience in a financial role with a business serving the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) or the leading DoD Prime Contractors.
· Strong analytical, financial modeling and critical reasoning skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills that facilitate expressing key points in a clear manner.
· Knowledge of ERP systems, financial planning and reporting systems.
· Ability to effectively present complex information to Senior Management.
· Must possess the courage to challenge senior leaders on assumptions and present opinions in an articulate and professional manner.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Experience in complying with federal government accounting requirements and associated FAR requirements (Part 30 & 31, etc.).
· Experience with Lean/Six Sigma management concepts and/or certifications.
· Experience with large databases and the ability to utilize data from various BI systems.
· Experience in defining and leading process improvement in accounting and financial reporting/forecasting systems with proven results.
· Demonstrated ability to draw on external best practices relative to metrics and KPIs that can drive value and or insights while also drawing on external or internal best practices to improve overall FP&A processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Finance Department Performance Management
· Comply with and enforce the Company Code of Conduct in the finance Department.
· Implement all Company and Company Electronics personnel related policies in the finance department.
· Manage, educate, and mentor accounting team to provide all employees opportunity for growth and development.
· Create an atmosphere where people are engaged, rewarded for progress, and share a strong sense of ownership of the organization.
· Developing and implementing financial department standard work.
· Develop and maintain standard processes for financial reporting and implement process improvement programs to improve financial reporting efficiency and effectiveness.
· Accountability for performance and associated improvement initiatives to department and related process reporting metrics (speed, accuracy, on-time delivery, consistency, quality, etc.).
Internal control and Transaction Processing
· Lead the monthly financial closing process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of business unit and corporate financial statements.
· Control the general ledger to ensure that all transactions are properly documented and recorded.
· Responsible for the development, implementation and control of systems and records for timely, accurate reporting and recording of financial information.
· Ensure effective internal controls are in place to ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
· Provide strong leadership to operating teams to ensure established controls are well-understood and followed.
· Ensure business unit compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as those of GAAP, IFRS, and other applicable guidelines.
Business Performance Management Reporting and Analysis
· Establishes, maintains and provides accurate and complete program or product cost reporting to management. Maintains associated accounting process and business system cost elements to ensure accurate product costing.
· Determine overhead rates for material procurement and control, production and process engineering labor and selling and administrative costs.
· Responsible for material and labor standards updates to the accounting master files.
· Support Project and NRE costing versus budget to ensure other direct cost elements are tracked to budget targets; NRE forecasting targets vs time.
· Create and execute monthly analytics of business performance including program profitability, material, labor and overhead variance analysis, engineering project and department spending reports.
· Develop and utilize financial dashboards and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the success of business initiatives.
· Provide key decision makers support and analysis to make informed decisions and insights on the financial implications of activities.
· Analyze and update budgets & forecasts for month, fiscal year and future projections.
· Develop and maintain financial models and identify drivers and assumptions to enhance the predictability and forecast accuracy of the business.
· Run scenario analyses to understand the financial impact of operational changes; perform ad hoc analysis as needed for senior leadership team.
· Manage 13-week cash flow forecasting process and ensure funds available for regular business activities.
· Support and facilitate financial information processes with functional business leaders (Contracts, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Program Management).
· Utilize financial benchmarking to compare the Company's financial operating results, practices and performance standards to that of other firms within the same industry.
· Evaluate potential return on invested capital for proposed projects and deliver proactive, data-driven advice that influences investment decisions.
· Support contract negotiations on key customer contracts, RFPs, supplier contracts, etc. by providing analysis, understanding of the relationships and leadership to drive a satisfactory result for the business.
GAAP Reporting and Analysis
· Provide accounting policy interpretation and guidance to the accounting and operating teams, including the preparation of accounting position papers.
· Ensure quarterly financial representations accurately reflects accounting practices and ensures compliance with company policies.
· Work proactively with outside auditors to plan and execute quarterly reviews and annual audit.
· Leads internal audit, DCAA, DCMA and balance sheet reviews.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.