Carson City, NV
FPC of Brighton
$75,000 to $105,000
Full-time, Direct hire (typically run 4, 10-hour days)
This innovative producer of advanced aircraft lighting is in need of its next Electrical Engineer. The Electrical Engineer will work with the engineering team to execute the design of power circuits for lighting applications. This is a small, but well-developed organization located in beautiful Carson City, NV.
- Provides technical analysis of customer requirements and specifications and resolves technical issues while collaborating with customers and internal Sales teams.
- Works with Sales and Marketing to review, analyze, and interpret the technical requirements contained in requests for proposal (RFP) or requests for quotation (RFQ).
- Collaborates with Operations and Manufacturing to ensure new product designs are cost effective for production (design for manufacturability).
- Provides timely technical guidance and support to Operations and Manufacturing on production issues with new or legacy products.
- Drives cost reduction efforts in new and legacy product designs.
- Leads projects from the initial concept phase through full product certification and manufacturing release.
- Designs AC & DC power conversion products based on customer specifications.
- Performs PCB layout.
- Reviews and approves design drawings and documents.
- Performs failure analysis and root cause analysis (RCA)
- Drafts technical proposals, technical materials, procurement specifications, and electrical analysis procedures and reports.
- Support obsolescence mitigation, specifying alternate parts as needed.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers to resolve technical and project related issues.
- Coordinates with manufacturing engineering during the prototyping and release of new products.
- Performs site surveys to collect design data and specifications for new product installations.
- Travels in support of customer meetings, new installations support, and after-sales support.
- A minimum of 3 years of electrical engineering experience, with at least 2 years of relevant component level electrical design experience preferred.
- Proven experience in the original drafting of both internal testing documentation and external customer-based certification and operational documentation.
- Field engineering experience preferred.
- Schematic capture experience with OrCAD Capture preferred.
- PCB layout experience preferred.
- Aerospace or military electronics design experience preferred.
- Aerospace (DO-160) or military (MIL-461) qualification and lab testing experience preferred.
- Independent program management experience preferred.
- Development of new electronic designs at the architectural level preferred.
- Knowledge of AC and DC power circuits / power supply design / lighting circuit design preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- A demonstrated professional knowledge of the engineering skills relevant to this position
- Must be a motivated self-starter willing to take on job responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Should be able to demonstrate previous examples of autonomous task execution.
- Should be able to demonstrate an ability to drive assigned tasks to a positive outcome in an expedient manner.
- Should be able to demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
- An ability to identify and mitigate project/design risks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with customers.
- Demonstrated experience with authoring original documents such as technical specifications, test procedures, new product descriptions, operating manuals, proposals, etc.
- An ability to travel worldwide at reasonable notice to support project execution.
- Must be able to work well with others and support a team dynamic.
- To conform with US export regulations and ITAR 120.15 and EAR Part 772, incumbents for this role must be eligible for any required authorizations from the US government.