Operational Excellence Manager
Operational Excellence Manager
FPC of Atlanta
We are a leading science and technology company that offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
You will lead Operational Excellence activities at the site which includes coordinating OpEx-related initiatives at the site, building OpEx project portfolio, managing resources, driving project execution, and implementing best practices and knowledge transfer across the organization. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in implementing and inspiring an organization for daily continuous improvement using their knowledge of lean manufacturing. As the Operational Excellence Manager, you will be responsible for:
Partnerships and collaboration
- Act as the main Point of Contact for all OpEx-related activities at the site and as a key partner for the site head
- Collaborate with Excellence Execution project managers to coordinate project executions at the site
- Act as site link to the Excellence PMO & Analytics function to provide inputs supporting e.g., standardized reports of savings and project progress.
- Collaborate with the Excellence Production System roll-out site leads, external partners & global team (e.g., support with the implementation of specific tools, coaching, progress tracking, and culture building)
- Collaborate to support building and delivering the OpEx learning curriculum.
Site performance management
- Work together with the site leadership team to jointly define the site master plan (including Production System development plan to targeted future state in terms of next levels and/or certification) and to provide status updates on OpEx-related topics (e.g., project progress)
- Collect, analyze, and report data of current OpEx-related projects to the site leader (either own reports or insights provided by PMO & Analytics function on the basis of collected data)
- Ensure definition and implementation of governance aspects incl. solid project charters & execution plans for each OpEx project with appropriate risk management
- Portfolio management, capability steering, and knowledge transfer
- Build the OpEx project portfolio for the site to achieve site targets (safety, quality, supply, people & cost) and prioritize within the OpEx project portfolio as part of the site leadership team
Drive specific projects at the site
- Ensure resource availability for project execution and manage belt resources at the site assuring that site master plan targets / expected impact is achieved.
- Implement best practices from other OpEx teams, and communicate own successes with other local OpEx and Excellence as well as the communities of excellence.
- Bridge knowledge gaps in projects by requesting and managing/developing additionally required capabilities.
- Demonstrated history in site operations preferred with experience in process/product engineering and in implementing improvement initiatives with impactful results, preferably in a leading position.
- Industrial engineering/ supply chain/business administration degree/background
- Lean Six Sigma Belt certification required.