BU Lean Manager
BU Lean Manager
FPC of Brighton
Business Unit Lean Manager
The client is an engineering design and analysis consulting firm in Nashua, New Hampshire. We work with customers across many industries to develop and deliver turnkey industrial machines to meet their unique requirements. We design and build custom automation solutions, work with OEM's to develop industrial products, and provide engineering analysis using FEA tools.
The parent company is a family of industrial businesses combining cutting-edge enabling technologies, operational superiority, and strategic M&A to build America's next generation industrial company. We leverage a deep expertise in operations management and technology to supercharge performance of its subsidiaries by implementing core technologies across industrial platforms in diversified growth markets. We seek to revitalize the U.S. manufacturing base over the coming decades, creating substantial opportunities for our employees and the communities where we operate.
SUMMARY: The Business Unit Lean Manager fills a key position as coach, trainer, facilitator and team member to the business unit leadership team. Primary responsibility is the deployment of Lean methodologies into the organization by coaching leaders, training/educating employees and facilitating implementation of lean processes including Kaizen events to foster and cultivate a continuous improvement culture. This position may also coach and provide oversight to additional members of site lean team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other responsibilities may be assigned):
- The Lean Business Unit Lean manager coaches Business leaders, Department Managers, Supervisors, Project Managers and staff in the tools and deployment of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Partners with the Enterprise Lean Transformation Coaches to lead lean value stream transformation within their business unit.
- Facilitate employing and sustaining lean standards for Lean daily management: visual management, 5S, problem solving, standard work and continuous improvement mindset.
- Provides strategic guidance to the leadership team in deploying, monitoring and meeting Lean Deployment Roadmap.
- Teach, promote, and practice lean methodology and build lean culture.
- Works closely with the Chief Lean Officer and other enterprise and regional Lean team members to build and deploy company Lean Business System.
- Coach/Facilitate Kaizen events including the ability to guide value stream mapping and A3 thinking. Responsible for the planning, execution, and follow-up of Kaizen activity.
- Experience coaching the elements of a lean thinking and tool kit including: Takt time, Kanban, SMED, TPM, Poke Yoke, 8 Wastes, 5S, Standard work, leader standard work One Piece Flow, Pull.
- Six Sigma experience in data analysis, process control, pareto, scatter diagrams, FMEA, control charts.
- Identifies and advises leadership of potential process improvements that may result in significant improvements of Key Performance Indicators for the business.
- Facilitates communication with other company sites and functional groups; transfers knowledge and best practices among other lean leaders, business partners and executive sponsors.
- Continually challenges conventional thinking, drives accountability for results and sustains the application of lean.
- Facilitates change management, providing communication, fostering high engagement and collaboration across the business.
- Oversight of and responsible for coaching and developing other lean leaders within their business unit.
- Focused on Voice of Customer, and alignment of lean journey with KPI’s and strategic objectives in order to grow the business and achieve company Mission of rekindling US manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, business, or similar field. (Process related discipline preferred). Certification in Lean or Six Sigma is strongly preferred.
- Experience within a core engineering environment and working knowledge of the Toyota Production System preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading/coaching Lean methodologies including facilitation of kaizen events including value stream mapping.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions and percentages to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to analyze multifaceted, complex situations, problems, and concepts. Broad strategic thinker.
- Proficient in computer skills and applications such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point), Visio and Microsoft Projects.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, able to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple initiatives concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Approximately 10%-20% travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily working in an office environment with limited exposure to moving mechanical parts and/or fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The BIG payoff
We are a company who is going to make a difference in the industries and the communities in which we choose to operate.
Every employee will share ownership in the company and will share in the financial rewards of the success we achieve together, at all levels of the company!
We want to work with people that reflect the communities in which we operate
The company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason.
The company is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures.