Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Lead Embedded Software Engineer
FPC of Brighton
Lead Embedded Software Engineer - SGM
Who we are looking for
The Lead SGM Embedded Software Engineer will lead the Secured gateway software execution meeting the expectation of software development plans and execution for the company. This position will be responsible for working cross functionally to ensure the SGM software milestones for the company have a high-quality execution.
What you get to do
In this position the candidate will lead the software development for the secured gateway module and own its software development and implementation with emphasis on developing critical functionalities such routing CAN data, serving as a FOTA (Flash over the air) Master and other features. This will include writing SGM specific software requirements for the above features and lead the development, sourcing, and engineering of these solutions.
- Develop the SGM software component and sub-component requirements for various SGM applications, such as raw and translated CAN routing, managing flash over CAN FD and execution of flash protocols and logging of CAN traffic.
- Work with 3rd party software providers, IC manufactures and software vendors in analyzing and creating software requirements for purchased components during Proto/DV/PV phase and standardization for production intent ECUs.
- This engineer will be responsible for designing and development of flash over the air feature within the SGM.
- Develop software components within SGM to execute and enforce PKI policies, procedures and best practices to ensure vehicle network security and integration of digital certificates, keys and cryptographic algorithms and protocols.
- Design and develop embedded software modules using standard model-based design tools and/or embedded C/C++ programming for vehicle architecture component requirements.
- Support software architect in establishing and traceability to overall product software architecture and vehicle interface requirements.
- Develop AUTOSAR based software components and configurations, ECU services, interface layers for application and integration to base-software components.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders for requirements, design, and test method development.
- Develop software work products in compliance with ISO-26262 and ASPICE standards.
- Create, maintain, and develop software work products and deliverables in compliance with standardized coding and MISRA guidelines.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to meet the requirements from stakeholders and vehicle domain teams inline with required project timelines.
- Test, integrate and verify developed software components meeting functional safety standards.
- Support HIL/system validation team to meet software quality standards using debuggers and instrumentation tools.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive software development using embedded C/C++ programming and/or model-based design in compliance with ASPICE standards.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with HSM concepts, implementation and integration.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in PKI and security key frameworks and implementation
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with vehicle CAN interfaces and networking.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software development lifecycle work products and deliverables such as software requirements in compliance with functional safety and AUTOSAR guidelines.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software testing and debugging using standardized software test, instrumentation, and quality check tools for functional safety and AUTOSAR conformance.
- Master of science degree in engineering in Electrical and/or Computer engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
- Experience in design and development of vehicle serial communication protocols such as CAN/CAN-FD, SPI and LIN.
- Excellent experience with hardware security modules and its infrastructure.
- Excellent experience in designing, implementing and managing PKI frameworks in embedded solutions and digital certificate management systems.
- Overall understanding of ISO-21434
- Overall understanding of ISO-14229 and ISO-15765.
- Experience in design and development of diagnostics and device control algorithms.
- Experience in debugging software using debuggers, instrumentation tools such as ETAS-INCA, CANape or CANoe/CANalyzer.
- Experience in memory management techniques and software design implementation for production intent ECUs.
- Experience with multi-core, pre-emptive RTOS and base software development in AUTOSAR environment and its configurations.
- Extensive experience in requirements, change and configuration management tools such as Polarian, JIRA, Bitbucket, IBM-RTC etc.