FPC of Troy
Our highly respected client in building products desires an experienced Material Manager (with leadership experience) for their greenfield Indianapolis area facility.
Due to their past growth and plans for future development, this company is embarking on a journey to expand and grow their footprint within the building products markets. The material manager will take best practices from existing sites to launch a new facility and refine material processes for suppliers and customers.
For the motivated person, this position is an excellent opportunity for career development and possible future advancement.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and many other generous benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
The Material Manager is responsible for material / inventory management, vendor management, process management, and cost management for Heibar Indiana and will report directly to the General Manager and will work closely with the Operations Team.
Specific Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide sound leadership, coaching, mentoring, and direction for personnel development and employee engagement
Lead, manage, & develop the Materials department
Work and communicate collaboratively with the rest of the facility leadership team & corporate
Count and order materials to meet production or distribution requirements
Avoid/Minimize material shortages & backorders to customers
- Be safety minded and ability to put Safety 1st- Ensure compliance with company & occupational health & safety regulations
- Lead by example, setting a positive tone for the organization, creating a motivating work environment and elevating the overall team member experience across functions
- Ensure high standards of quality & customer satisfaction
- Promoting positive relations with corporate and "sister plant" customers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Approximately 5-7 years’ experience in Materials / Production Management, Operations Management in manufacturing environment required.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Must be detail-oriented and can multi-task effectively
- Ability to adapt quickly and make sound decisions in a changing, fast-paced work environment
To learn more or to apply, please directly email Mike Dubeck with your cover note and attach a resume in Microsoft Word or as a PDF. Alternately, you may also paste a message / cover letter and resume in the prompts below.
FPC of Troy is a national leader in the placement of executives, managers, and professionals.
Confidentiality is always respected. Your resume will never be forwarded to anyone without your permission.
Please visit on the web at www.fpctroy.com for more opportunities!!!
Fortune Personnel Consultants (FPC) of Troy - It's all about the people!!!