Systems Test Design Engineer
Systems Test Design Engineer
FPC of Brighton
The Systems Test Design Engineer will be responsible for supporting bench and customer testing for the development of large-scale Energy Storage products and subsystems.
The Systems Test Design Engineer will be responsible for working cross-functionally, collaborating with systems engineering, validation, testing, product engineering, software engineering, and program management teams to define and execute development testing designed to verify system-level and subsystem-level requirements. This individual will also create problem reports and drive resolution of these problems, and collect, process, analyze, and communicate test data to internal and external customers.
- Leads the development of the verification test plans; executes the test plan for the development of battery pack systems to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Support problem resolution of issues identified during testing, utilizing the cross-functional engineering team.
- Statistically analyzes the subsequent test data, creates tables/charts, prepares/presents the test reports to internal and external teams, and supports correlation to virtual validation efforts.
- Collaborates with engineers to integrate and update project-specific system verification test plans and test cases into the requirement management system.
- Update the team and the requirement management system with test results and support project teams to track the status.
- Supports engineering in the evaluation of the project and technical risk analysis to drive attention and focus of testing and analysis on the highest risk items that need verification.
- Supports and consults validation team on higher risk design validation testing items.
- Collaborates with other key functional engineering groups to support and consult with them on their verification-related tasks.
- Coordinates lab equipment, test fixtures, and other lab resources to ensure validation tests are completed according to project goals.
- Manages the lab by implementing proper organization, safety, and processes, and ranges for improvements, equipment repairs, and new equipment.
- Adhere to all company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Predictable and reliable attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or systems engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years engineering experience in systems testing, system verification, or HIL testing of battery and low or high-voltage products.
- Minimum of five (5) years engineering experience in lithium-ion battery systems testing on large-scale energy storage and battery pack programs preferred.
- Experience developing and executing automated tests using tools such as LabView.
- Experienced with the handling of both low and high-voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
- Experienced communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, and cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- General lab or shop experience including use of tools like multimeter, power tools, and similar.
- Experience analyzing, debugging, and reworking electrical circuits, components, and subsystems using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, DC power supplies, programmable loads, thermal probes, and other equipment.
- Experience using Minitab, MATLAB/Simulink, and/or other comparable statistical analysis software, particularly with lithium-ion test data.
- Product experience with Li-Ion batteries, battery pack design, power systems, alternative energy systems, electronic control units (ECUs), battery management systems (BMS), MEMS, and sensors.
- Educated on common lithium-ion cell, module, and battery pack test certifications.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours as needed (less than 10% travel on average).