FPC of Brighton
Full-Time, Direct Hire
Compensation: $130,000 to $160,000(depending on experience) plus 10% discretionary bonus.
This cutting edge producer of the next generation energy storage systems is looking to expand their team and continue to innovate on the way large scale energy storage systems are produced and integrated at the customer site. The team is led by some of the industry’s most experienced professionals, but we pride ourselves on developing a diverse team of next-generation battery experts.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the domestic and international logistics, including planning, coordinating and executing those processes. This position is critical to the supply chain delivery of finished goods to customer project sites. This role will be expected to manage the logistics delivery of energy storage equipment drop-shipped from international factories to customer project sites in the US and world-wide.
This role will be responsible for logistics KPIs related to cost, quality, scope, and schedule. This role is a critical team member supporting functional teams including sales, engineering, manufacturing, as well as key suppliers.
- Develop partnerships and manage accounts with logistics providers.
- Supervises the scheduling, tracking, and management of carriers and logistic support services, including scheduling daily shipping and receiving of orders with third-party logistics.
- Manage the performance of suppliers and assess their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that deliveries meet project schedules.
- Oversees the data management and reporting for cost tracking and optimization, duty expense tracking, quotations, and in transit problem resolution.
- Prepare appropriate shipping documentation, including bills of lading and customs documentation.
- Develop, document, and implement new processes and procedures to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Develop and implement third party warehousing solutions for strategic geographies.
- Manage import and export customs trade compliance and associated elements.
- Develop project and material plans.
- Support logistics quotes and estimates for projects and sales proposals.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, International Trade, Logistics, or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in global logistics.
- Experience with international shipping, customs documents, and tariffs required.
- In depth and well-rounded logistics experience that includes customs compliance in multiple countries, high volume inbound ocean and air freight as well as domestic ground transportation.
- Previous experience working in construction project logistics.
- Experience with shipping and receiving sites.
- Experience in a rapidly scaling organization implementing new tools & processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in renewable energy or electric vehicles is preferred.
- Decision Making & Analysis: Makes sound decisions based upon a mixture of data-driven analysis, expertise, experience, and judgment; collects relevant information, seeking input from others, and identifies connections and/or root causes of problems
- Takes Initiative: Exhibits strong drive for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Delivers Results: Achievement-oriented, feeling a sense of urgency to reach goals on time, if not before.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish team goals and organizational objectives.
- Communications: Exchanges thoughts, feelings, and information effectively.
- Business Acumen: Being aware of and familiar with how business strategies and tactics work, and their effect on the customer; understanding issues that impact your business or organization; knowing the competition.
- Paid time off includes 4 weeks, 15 holidays, and parental leave.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) offerings.
- Company provided 401K savings plan with matching contributions to help you save for retirement.
- Voluntary benefits offerings.
- Tuition assistance.
- Employee Referral program.
- Employee development and career growth opportunities.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen.
- May need to work overtime in emergencies.
- May need to lift and carry up to 30 pounds and/or position the body to reach items on the floor/below knee level or reach overhead.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about in industrial environments, and on uneven terrain.
- Works in a temperature-controlled office environment, with occasional work in outdoor weather conditions, and in industrial environments.
- May be required to travel to and navigate a variety of sites to fully understand material needs.
The Location –Hudson, MA
The office is conveniently located in Hudson Massachusetts directly across from the 290 and 495 freeways. This location is uniquely positioned less than one mile from downtown Hudson, as well as being close to downtown Marlborough offering numerous restaurants, parks, shopping, and many other attractions. They are located roughly a 45 min drive from downtown Boston, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and parts of Connecticut. There are a wide range of activities that the area offers to its residents including competitive sports programs, woodlands, as well as safe and entertaining nightlife are all located within minutes of the facility. Hudson Mass was awarded the winner of “America’s Main Streets” by a national organization which promotes locally owned businesses. Whether you are looking for hiking, mountain biking, sports lakes, access to Boston, or just a fantastic meal, Hudson, MA has something for everyone.