FPC of Concord
LOCATION: Augusta, Georgia
JOB DESCRIPTION / JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Reliability Engineer will be working on an integrated, multidiscipline team. The successful incumbent will be capable of working in a team environment with operations, maintenance and engineering personnel to help a unit run safely and economically and to support all business unit objectives. In addition, a large portion of time will be spent resolving day to day unit issues. A strong background in rotating equipment, including selection & upgrade of mechanical seals, pumps, fans, blowers and material handling equipment along with good troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis methods is required.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides technical support, guidance, direction and leadership in the design and implementation of mechanical equipment and systems. Responsible for the timely resolution of technical issues.
· Must be a safety champion to ensure that all projects are completed with no injuries.
· Provides cost and manpower estimates for design, installation and start-up of mechanical systems.
· Must be able to plan and guide small projects to insure that all deliverables and timing needs are met.
· Review and approve engineering calculations, reports, drawings, specifications and purchase documents to assure the design and procurement of equipment meets appropriate quality standards and regulatory body requirements and provides the required functionality.
· Address short term hands-on troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical and related equipment problems.
· Identify and recommend the implementation of resources (manpower & money) to insure the most economic running of the unit.
· Participate with operations, maintenance, engineering and others in developing and implementing work process improvement activities.
· Track necessary metrics to identify improvement opportunities, notice certain trends, and ensure needs are met.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Minimum of 4-6 years in a plant/manufacturing environment involved in the following:
- Developing PM programs for rotating equipment (frequencies, reliability-based maintenance)
- Knowledge of Vibration Analysis & Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Maintenance Effectiveness Studies using Machine Condition Audits
- Project Engineering experience (Conception designs, estimating, and project management)
- Experience with Materials of Construction (Erosion, high temperature -800 degrees F, and pressure)
- Experience with maintenance supervision and coordination
- Perform required safety audits per the Augusta Plant yearly audit plan.
- Attend plant-wide safety/wellness sessions.
- Review/perform required safety audits, JSA’s and What-if scenarios.
- Participate in PSM, PHA, and PSSR field reviews, as well as Follow-Up Incident investigations as needed.