FPC of Bangor
Mill Manager – Northeast on-site position
FPC Bangor is working with a Tissue Manufacturer looking for a Mill Manager. The Mill Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing all activities within the facility to ensure it is operating effectively, efficiently, and safely.
Essential Duties and Functions
· Strong knowledge of all areas of plant operations including, paper, converting and fiber.
· Ensure safety best practices at all levels; Remain in compliance with all EHS regulations, standards, and guidelines; Lead in the creation, execution, and maintenance of a safety culture.
· Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations resulting in product output, quality, service and delivery that exceeds customer expectations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Coordinate plant activities through department managers and individual contributors to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are aligned and accomplished.
· Develop and control profits, financial targets, and budgets; Oversee capital asset maintenance; Implement effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, and labor cost.
· Implement strategies in alignment with Corporate strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction, focus, and urgency.
· Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets in all areas to ensure positive return on investments.
· Directly manage plant operations personnel; Collaborate in a team approach with multiple support personnel so that efforts to accomplish targets and objectives are aligned and seamless.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or a related field
· 15+ years of Paper Mill experiences in all areas of Fiber and Converting.
· Prior experience in budgeting, financial report analysis and financial controls
· Familiarity with state and federal regulatory requirements for production facilities
· Proficient with MS Office and overall systems/computer literacy
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in all formats and at all levels
· Superior knowledge of business, leadership, and management principles
· Demonstrated commitment to improvement in safety results.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
· Ability to lead teams in a cooperative and inspirational manner.
· Ability to develop strategic plans to ensure continuous improvement of business results.
· Ability to read standard blueprints, machine & process drawings.
· Current knowledge of converting operations, & paper manufacturing equipment
Please send your current resume to Phil DeSoto or Leisa Wallace.