FPC of Bangor
FPC Bangor is working with a manufacturing facility looking for a Mill Controller to lead the financial function and participate as a member of the leadership team. Multi-site responsibilities include accurate and timely financial and management reporting, design and maintaining strong internal controls.
· Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations
· Manage the mill financial staff including, but not limited to, providing coaching, organization and delegation of tasks, succession planning, recruiting, and performance management.
- This candidate will provide a thorough analysis of the financial implication of operating decisions and issues and will prepare and present clear explanations of variances and financial results.
- This candidate will be in charge of managing the Accounting Treasury/Banking and Financing efforts along with Insurance / Risk management functions.
- Oversee key financial processes include monthly closing, P&L Management financial forecasts, annual operating plans.
- Coordinate and review month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and reporting.
- Partner with management to achieve the mill’s financial and operating objectives.
- Supports management reporting requirements and financial initiatives.
- Provide analytical support and lead / promote continuous improvement for all activities and processes of the mill, and validate the savings.
- Coordinates the mill annual operating and capital expenditure budgeting process.
- Collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data with a complete understanding of all the risks and opportunities.
- Manage financial controls in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures.
- Protect mill assets by maintaining, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Oversee and lead accounting functions including A/P, A/R, hourly payroll, fixed assets, sales accounting, taxes and insurance.
- Monitor and confirm financial conditions by conducting audits (inventory, cash, payroll, fixed assets, insurance and pension) and provide information to internal and external auditors.
- Ensure accurately and timely financial and management reporting
- Provide financial and business leadership to entire operation to ensure cost effective decisions and strategy.
- Lead, coordinate, and perform analysis for operating and capital projects to optimize performance and earnings.
- Assist sales group with customer analysis and credit requirements.
- Work closely with municipal and state government agencies on financing and property / sales tax initiatives.
· B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Business related field
· Manufacturing experience with 7-10 years in Accounting / Finance role
· CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
· Proven ability to drive P&L performance and autonomously lead the financial function for a manufacturing site
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Powerpoint, Word and other Microsoft Office Suite tools.
· ERP Systems experience required, SAP referred.
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to collaborate and communicate across all levels and functions of the organization, including both written and verbal formats.