Havre de Grace, MD
FPC of Concord
FPC of Concord
- Implement PSM programs and ensure that regulatory & corporate requirements are met.
- Deploy and follow up Group Process Safety instructions, guidelines and tools.
- Deploy a risk analysis tool and perform risk analysis of industrial processes
- Deploy, in collaboration with the GBU’s and sites, and follow up HSE risk management programs.
- Contribute to the development of the HSE culture.
- Prepare and distribute safety manuals, bulletins, films and other visual aids
- Implement and update the HSE management system.
- Organize HSE involvement, awareness and education programs for employees and subcontractors.
- Perform periodic audits as it pertains to the 14 elements of PSM.
- Communicate audit findings and metrics to the HSE Manager on a periodic basis
- Coordinates, and participates in PSM program activities at a local and asset level which include management of change (MOC), pre-startup safety review (PSSR), and process hazard analysis activities (PHA).
- Coordinates, and participates in MHA program activities.
- Monitors and assists in training on operating procedures including the annual review/certification and initial/refresher training.
- The PSM Coordinator assists in creating and updating operating procedures when needed as well as maintaining the operating procedure training matrix.
- Oversees and coordinates development and updates to a facility’s process safety information as required by PSM/RMP regulations.
- Provide technical direction related to required mechanical integrity elements to be included in overall refrigeration maintenance actions at the plant.
- Define and prioritize site programs to meet the needs of regulatory compliance, risk analysis recommendations, corporate policies, site specific procedures and audit findings.
- Assist plant staff in prioritization of action items to address gaps.
- Assists on corporate PSM/RMP compliance audits as needed.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the HSE Manager
You can count on us for:
- Contribute to Process Safety audits and inspections.
- Ensure industrial operations comply with local and national HSE regulations and company HSE policies.
- Develop and revise site’s work procedures regarding Process Safety.
- Investigate accidents/incidents/non-conformities; analyze causes and recommend corrective actions.
- Inform colleagues about and/or train them in new methods, procedures and techniques.
- Ensure the exchange of best practices and relevant experiences in the HSE network.
- BS Degree and 5-7 years min of experience in a similar position.
- Provide HSE expertise and advice to the GBUs, on demand and/or on own initiative.
- Provide information to relevant parties regarding changes in HSE legislation and environmental matters.
- Provide Process Safety support during the design phase of construction projects. Instruct and train employees on the care and use of HSE techniques, equipment, procedures and standards.
- Promote HSE awareness and good work practices through contacts with entire personnel, subcontractors and management.
- Defend and promote the Solvay activities towards the authorities and the community at large.
- Build and maintain external HSE networks and participate in external HSE workgroups and associations.
- Certifications: PHA Pro, CSP, ASP or equivalent.
- Experience in a union manufacturing environment and demonstrated success delivering positive labor relations.
- Developed and implemented plan to achieve step-change in site performance
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership within a matrix organization
- Record of continuous improvement within a demanding, top-tier SHE&E culture
- Record of continuous improvement within a demanding, top-tier quality culture
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Active Listening
- Customer Focus
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Organization skills