E&I Engineer/ Instrumentation Engineer
E&I Engineer/ Instrumentation Engineer
FPC of Concord
PROJECT ENGINEER: Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls (EI&C)
SALARY: $100-115K commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Chattanooga, Tennessee
- The Project Engineer, EI&C provides corporate project engineering and project management services related to projects at all Facilities within the NCA region in the field of electrical, instrumentation and controls (EI&C) engineering related to capital investment projects throughout all project phases from feasibility, front-end-loading engineering through detail engineering, construction, commissioning and turn-over to operations.
- This position requires working in a multi-discipline team with multiple interfaces to internal customers, other engineering discipline Project Engineers and Project Managers to manage the EI&C components of Capital Projects and independently lead and manage projects that have a high concentration of EI&C.
- This position requires travel over an extended period dependent on project assignment.
- The Project Engineer EI&C will be responsible for the development of project scope and execution approach for EI&C engineering and conduct and/or support safety, quality and regulatory reviews (e.g. HAZOP, code review, environmental review) as required by the nature of the project/process.
- Collaborate on development of project cost estimate with level of detail and accuracy according to project phase; support project budget and cash-flow management while driving continuous improvement related to safety, quality and cost.
- Facilitate development of project execution strategy and schedule with level of detail and accuracy according to project phase.
- Manage changes in scope and/or priorities during project execution.
- Represent the Company’s interests while coordinating 3rd party contractors, suppliers, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines or authorities involved in the project.
- Monitor project progress and compile project reports applying best practices related to project management, engineering and construction.
- Ensure safe and regulatory compliant project execution and operating condition at turnover and provide start-up support to operations.
- Compile and provide project as-built documentation.
- Partner on development of specifications, standards and codes.
- Cooperate with groups and individuals within the Engineering & Maintenance department, Operations, and other service units with focus on achieving optimal results/solutions from a corporate/enterprise perspective.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher-level education) in the field of Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and/or Controls Engineering.
- 6 plus years of industrial electrical, instrumentation and controls (EI&C) project experience, Chemical industry experience in operations and/or maintenance environment a plus.
- Competence in Project Management activities specific to EI&C scope such as scope development, cost estimates, bid package development, scheduling, change order management, spending plan, vendor evaluation / review, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in Power Distribution for Medium Voltage and Low Voltage (Switchgear, MCC, PDP, Transformers, VFD. etc), equipment specifications, wiring diagrams, one-lines, motor elementaries, power studies, arc flash calc, hazardous area classification, etc.
- Experience and knowledge in Instrumentation (i.e. measurement technologies and their applications, Instrument sizing and specification, Piping and Instrumentation diagram (P&ID), communication protocols, Ex Zone Rating, IP Rating, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in Controls (i. e. Process safety and controls strategies, DCS, PLC's, Safety Instrument Systems (SIS), I/O counts, Functional Descriptions, Control System Architecture, Network Bus Protocols, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in E&I construction documentation like cable tray and raceway plans, power plans, lighting plans, grounding and lightning protection plans, seismic bracing, general arrangements, instrument location plans, instrument loop sheets, instrument hookup details, etc.
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles, relevant codes (NEC, NPFA, UL, etc.), and construction practices to effectively execute projects.
- Able to perform and succeed in an environment of schedule and cost pressure.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically & internationally up to 25%, as required.
BENEFITS & INCENTIVES:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off in addition to personal days and holidays
- Support for Community Involvement
- Bonus Plans