Senior Designer Truss/Joist
Senior Designer Truss/Joist
FPC of Troy
Our client a growing, thriving, industry leader in the manufacturing of building products seeks a Senior Designer to lead their location about 45 min SE of Indianapolis.
The Senior Designer will help with the start-up of a new location and will play a critical role in developing, establishing operating procedures, ensuring training occurs for a new team, and support all around.
The team manufactures site-built construction components like roof and floor trusses, EWP floor and beam systems with the goal of a wall panels in the future.
The Senior Designer reports to a Design Manager and works with all areas of manufacturing.
Key personality traits include:
- Humble is the #1 requirement
- Hungry - driven to succeed, not fall into the status quo, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Smart – EQ is powerful and a key part of the culture
- Manufacturing site brand new equipment - start up
- anticipation, communication, creativity, partnerships and understanding
45 min SE of Indianapolis
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Great people/leadership skills a must!
- Presentation Skills
- The Senior Designer will perform Truss and Wall Panel layouts and designs, while assisting with the sales of Wall Panels, Floor/Roof Trusses, and Engineered Wood Products.
- MITEK or other similar design software knowledge is a plus.
- It will require working collaboratively with other departments at the facility and at Home Office including Production, Engineering, Customer Care, and Sales as well as working with Suppliers.
- Our Designers must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off blueprints provided by customers.
- Responsible for the accurate takeoff of loose lumber and EWP floor systems.
- Requires the knowledge of commonly used framing concepts and practices within the construction industry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing Wall/Floor & Roof systems
- Load calculations for beam sizing
- Troubleshoot onsite expansion projects.
- Optimize trusses for production
- Finalize truss systems for production
- Experience with MiTek or related design software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Experience with TJI and Floor/Roof Truss and Wall Panel Design
- Experience with EWP Design and Load calculation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent Math skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
- Attention to detail, takes pride in quality of work/ can multi-task
- Efficient and able to complete assignments within a given deadline
- Knowledge of standard construction practices, codes, and carpentry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Five + (5) years of experience or combination of education & experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Previous construction experience strongly preferred
- Experience in manufactured housing is greatly desired
- Experience in high-speed manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to adapt quickly and make sound decisions in a changing, fast-paced environment
To learn more or to apply, please directly email Debbie Hunter (email@example.com) with your cover note and attach a resume in Microsoft Word or as a PDF.
Please visit on the web at www.fpctroy.com for more opportunities!!!
FPC of Troy is a national leader in the placement of executives, managers, and professionals.
Confidentiality is always respected. Your resume will never be forwarded to anyone without your permission.