FPC of Concord
SALARY: $100,000 + benefits + 10% Bonus (commensurate with experience)
JOB DESCRIPTION / JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for ensuring that all corporate and regulatory requirements are being met in areas of air quality, waste management, and water/wastewater for the Plant. This includes working closely with regulatory representatives to develop required reports, permits, and procedures to maintain compliance with regulations. The position is also responsible for classifying and disposing of all hazardous/non-hazardous waste and special waste. The position also provides training for all environmental requirements and monitors day-to-day plant operations to ensure compliance. Organizes and conducts emergency spill cleanup activities when necessary. Repsonsible for the Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) program. Position also involves assisting plant management with community relations by participating in the plant’s Community Advisory Panel (CAP) and Augusta’s Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
B.S. degree in the sciences is required, preference in engineering
· Minimum 5 years environmental experience is required (preference in chemical operations).
· Operational experience and/or knowledge of polymer operations is desirable.
-A working knowledge of ISO 14001 requirements and American Chemistry Council Responsible Care system
-Proficient user of computer applications, e-mail and data bases
-A familiarity with federal and state environmental regulations, primarily for the state of Georgia
-SARA reporting and regulations
-Effective interpersonal skills that favorably impact team and contractor performance.
-Self directed and self motivated team player
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Proficient project manager
· Perform required safety audits per the Augusta Plant yearly audit plan.
· Attend plant-wide safety/wellness sessions.
· Review/perform required safety audits, JSA’s and What-if scenarios.
· Complete all required CBTs on time.
· Participate in PSM, PHA, and PSSR field reviews, as well as Follow-Up Incident investigations as needed.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all plant environmental standards.
· Know the environmental permit limits for your assigned plant (air, waste water, storm water).
· Maintain a working knowledge of the Hazardous Waste Rules (RCRA) to include storage, handling, sampling, transporting, manifesting, record keeping, and emergency response.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the facility environmental plans (SPCC, Storm Water Pollution Prevention).