EHS Mgr (Food)
EHS Mgr (Food)
FPC of Troy
Our highly respected client in the food industry desires an experienced EHS Manager to Design and Implement an EHS Program to meet current OSHA, EPA and Parent Company regulations.
Due to their past growth and plans for future development, they are looking to identify technical and operational leaders to join their team. Potential new hires would contribute in strategic thinking as well as jumping in to the daily issues.
For the motivated person, this position is an excellent opportunity for career development and possible future advancement.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and many other generous benefits.
Relocation assistance is available
As an EHS Manager you will be responsible for making sure that employees follow health and safety regulations and supervising operations to promote the wellbeing of their team.
Their duties include using various types of research to create policies that eliminate workplace hazards, documenting accidents in the workplace and investigating the circumstances of an illness.
Reports to Site Manager with dotted line to the Director of EHS
o - technically sound skills
o - small plant lots of automation and product output
o - natural curiosity and desire to learn all processes
o - true - genuine people person
o - comfortable with leadership team or on the floor
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises or at project site locations.
- Provides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Reports the status of projects to business and market leaders.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
This job requires experience in the following areas:
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance
- OSHA compliance
- Experience in implementation and administration of OSHA and Environmental programs in a chemical/Food manufacturing facility with knowledge of batch and/or continuous processes
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment
- Leadership of EHS reviews of various new and existing processes
- Leadership of Management of Change protocols for the site
- Leadership of Waste Management protocols for the site
- Knowledge and/or experience in worker exposure assessments
- Knowledge of security requirements for chemical/Food manufacturing facilities
- Interpretation of Safety Data Sheets and Technical Data Sheets
- Knowledge of Global Harmonization Standards
- Preparation of numerous plans, procedures, and reports to Government Agencies and other required parties including landlord householder
- Strong documentation and recordkeeping skills
- Training of manufacturing workers in all aspects of EHS&S
- Proven track record of successfully working with regulatory agencies on detailed permitting issues, plant inspections, etc.
- Knowledge of additional compliance requirements such as TSCA or DOT
Additional requirements/competencies include:
- Effective organizational and people skills
- Ability to multi-task and display a sense of urgency with focus on “the details”
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team environment to achieve desired results
- Ability to apply job and technical knowledge to identify and resolve issues and problems
- Effective management of both quality and quantity of their work; determine priorities and maintain high standards to produce accurate and professional work in a timely manner.
- Travel may be up to 10%
- Other Tasks/Duties as assigned.
Minimum Degree –
BS in Environmental Studies/Science and/or equivalent;
BS in Chemical Engineering; comparable technical education and experience combination will be considered.
Certification preferred (ASP, CSP or CIH)
To learn more or to apply, please directly email Debra Hunter with your cover note and attach a resume in Microsoft Word or as a PDF. Alternately, you may also paste a message / cover letter and resume in the prompts below.
FPC of Troy is a national leader in the placement of executives, managers, and professionals.
Confidentiality is always respected. Your resume will never be forwarded to anyone without your permission.
Please visit on the web at www.fpctroy.com for more opportunities!!!
Fortune Personnel Consultants (FPC) of Troy…You’ll Value The Experience!!!