Account Manager – Southeast
Account Manager – Southeast
FPC of Bangor
FPC Bangor is working with a chemical supplier with an urgent need for an Account Manager to be responsible for generating and maintaining revenue and profit growth in targeted accounts in Packaging and Paper.
Reports to: Sales Director
- Acting as customers’ primary contact for support; by regularly visiting and communicating with customers; Maintain and service existing business within territory with special emphasis on identifying new business opportunities at existing accounts.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relations through personal visits and other means. identifying key decision makers within each customer company and developing positive business relationships with customers
- Support the customer or other sales representatives with technical issues questions or issues. providing technical, quality, manufacturing, and engineering product support by responding to, and resolving, customer claims and complaints in a professional manner
- Development and growth new business within the territory, with a dedicated focus on key projects of strategic importance. Organizing and conducting testing, technical evaluation and investigation to support business development activities as needed for each customer; receiving timely update of customers’ progress on each testing, evaluation, and investigation with necessary information, followed by reporting to the Sales manager.
- Support key pricing initiatives and maintain account receivables up to date according to agreed payment terms and by following up on delinquent and overdue receivables.
- Ensure forecasts for account base is reviewed frequently to maximize forecast accuracy. Monitoring forecast, product sales performance and regularly providing Management with analysis and feedback
- Keeps management informed by entering call reports into CRM system, as well as active projects. In addition, submits monthly report on sales territory analyses.
- Resolves customer complaints by utilizing the QNS process and coordinating closely with customer service, developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
Critical Success Factors:
- Alignment with company culture
- Ability to grow business and substantially improve revenue.
- Self-Directed work ethic
- Strong communication skills internally as well as externally
- Strong entrepreneurial thinking
- A creative, yet pragmatic problem solver; Methodical and hands-on as well as detail oriented.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 Years’ sales experience in the Packaging, Pulp, Paper, Coating and Barrier industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or chemical Engineering
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in sales with exposure to marketing, planning; chemical industry required.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Strong sense for technical application and understanding of chemistry.
- Strong skills in management of action plans.
- A pragmatic entrepreneur, able to build and maintain relationships on different levels, both internally and externally
- Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues; Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
- Thinking out of the box; ability for fast successful actions.
- Computer literate, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Travel expectation is 50%