Finance Manager – Central Maine
Finance Manager – Central Maine
FPC of Bangor
FPC Bangor is working with a large paper company looking for an experienced Finance Manager to participate as a lead member of the finance team. The successful candidate will assist and directly support the Mill Controller to manage delivery of financial and cost accounting services, financial analysis and planning functions, and administration of the internal control framework at the Mill and provide financial support on strategic initiatives. This is a great opportunity for an experienced accounting and finance professional to take a complementary and supporting role in a challenging environment with a broad range of accounting and business issues who can transition into a controller role within a 1-2 year timeframe.
It is our expectation that this candidate has demonstrated capabilities to partner with the mill leadership team and operations to enhance the financial decision making capabilities of the manufacturing site. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, results-oriented financial professional who has proven interpersonal and management skills with the ability to influence and interact at all levels of the organization to drive financial performance and value creation that is aligned with strategic and operational goals and objectives.
· Provide financial and cost accounting services for the site including product costing, inventory control and valuation, analysis and support for capital investment programs. Responsible for critical aspects of the month-end closing process as well as financial and operations reporting. These include completion of reconciliations, calculations, journal entries, and other summaries of performance.
· Design, develop and present the necessary financial information and associated analyses of manufacturing productivity, product cost and financial performance that are timely and accurate. Effectively evaluates actual results vs. budget and forecast, year-to-year trends, and assesses future implications.
· Assess opportunities and actions required to optimize operating and business results. Effectively communicate operating performance to senior mill and finance management through clear, concise and complete presentations.
· Actively participates and coordinates aspects of the annual budget process, periodic forecasts and financial estimates. Together with other mill and finance functions, develop cost standards, budgetary and forecast metrics and other cost accounting processes needed to measure and evaluate mill performance.
· Participate in or lead cross-functional business process and system improvement initiatives to maximize value creation (profit, working capital, return on assets and productivity). Analyze business drivers and levers and address risk and reward potential for these initiatives.
Required skills and abilities:
· Ability to work within matrixed, cross functional teams to deliver results on business initiatives; capable of building relationships and to influence across functions and levels.
· Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical capabilities including extensive managerial and cost accounting skills and costing processes, budget planning and forecasting; a sound knowledge of financial accounting concepts and principles.
· Strong progressive roles and responsibilities in controllership related functions preferred; previous supervisory experience with demonstrated capability to mentor, motivate and develop staff.
· Clear understanding of the capabilities of integrated information systems (SAP) and database structures to drive efficiencies and improvements in the availability and use of financial information; proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite of products and other database management tools.
· High level of self-management and motivation to continually improve the systems, structures and processes used in the financial area. Ability to drive change.
· Strong project and program management skills.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Accounting or Finance major preferred
· CPA or other relevant advanced degree a plus
· Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a process manufacturing industry (pulp and paper industry a plus)
· Minimum of 7-10 years supervisory experience
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please send your current resume to Leisa Wallace for immediate consideration.